- There are so many things that make Christmas such an enjoyable time of year. What aspects of this holiday season really make Christmas a special time for you? What holiday traditions do you and your family look forward to?
- One of the statements made this Sunday was that God is the ultimate gift giver. What gifts from God are you most thankful for?(In your list think of things such as important relationships, God’s physical provision, life experiences, and how God has made you unique.)
- The magi gave gifts from their treasures (gold, frankincense, and myrrh). How can you give of yourself to the people closest to you during this holiday season?
- The magi re-gifted their treasure to Jesus. Everything that they gave to Jesus already belonged to him (PS 24:1). How can you give back to God out of the time, talents, and treasure that he has given you?
- What do you think that Jesus meant when he said, “it is more blessed to give than to receive?” (Acts 20:35) We have heard it said many times that generosity is something that God wants FOR us, not FROM us. What are the benefits of being generous towards others?
- What was the most significant statement or truth that you heard during this message or the discussion time that followed?